Innovative Scientific and Technological Center «Park of Nuclear and Medical Technologies»: Innovation, Business and Training
At the current stage, the main task facing the world’s leading states is to preserve and increase technological leadership. The Russian economy also faces this challenge. The main question is how to create an ecosystem for the development of territories that promotes the emergence and implementation of innovations. The experience of creating «silicon» valleys in the United States, China, India, and Russia shows that it is necessary to combine four main elements in one territory: education, science, business, and a comfortable living environment. But the most important thing is- that there are effective mechanisms for interaction between these elements. One of these mechanisms may be 216 Federal law «On innovative scientific and technological centers» (ISTC). The law provides for a significant number of preferences: zero income tax and VAT, reduced unified social tax, etc. In Obninsk, the first science city in Russia, created An Innovative scientific and technological center “Park of nuclear and medical technologies”. Its main areas of ISTC will be nuclear, medical, pharmaceutical and information technologies. The article presents the main issues of the operation of an Innovative scientific and technological center, personnel training, a comprehensive plan for the development of the territory, priority high – tech projects.
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 216-FZ dated 29.07.2017 «On Innovative Scientific and Technological Centers and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation». Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_221172/ (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1779 of October 20 , 2021 Available at: http://static.government.ru/media/files/Ef7GfheSV69hNnJHTKs8UAwGclSaOdnl.pdf, (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
- Kao G., Hong J., Perusse M., Sheng W. Turning Silicon into Gold: The Strategies, Failures, and Evolution of the Tech Industry. Apress Media LLC, 2020, 91 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5629-9 .
- Leonova T. N. World Experience of Science Cities: Success Stories and Implications for Russia. Vestnik Instituta Ekonomiki Rossiyskoy Akademii Nauk. 2011, no. 3, pp. 37-49 (in Russian).
- KalanovG. Not just California. Here are 3 Successful «Silicon Valleys» in Different Countries. Available at: https://quote.rbc.ru/news/article/5ae098a62ae5961b67a1c211 (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
- Hu R. The State of Smart Cities in China: The Case of Shenzhen. MDPI AG, 2019, 6 p.; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/en12224375 .
- Federal Law No. 244-FZ of 28.09.2010 «On the Skolkovo Innovation Center». Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_105168/ (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
- Shilo M. The Space of Dreams: how the Skolkovo Innovation Center is arranged. Available at: https://snob.ru/entry/185931/ (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
- Skolkovo Performance Indicators. Available at: http://www.tadviser.ru/index.php/Статья:Показатели_деятельности_Сколково (accessed Nov. 11, 2021) (in Russian).
Link for citing the article: Leonova T.N. Innovative Scientific and Technological Center «Park of Nuclear and Medical Technologies»: Innovation, Business and Training. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya Energetika. 2022, no. 1, pp. 151-160; DOI: https://doi.org/10.26583/npe.2022.1.13 (in Russian).