From the planetary model of the atom to the first nuclear power plant
UDC: 539.1; 544.1; 14; 930.85
The planetary atom model was born at first in Russia in B.N. Chicherin (1828 – 1904) articles, published at 1888-1889 years in «Journal of Russian Physical-Chemical Society». Analysis of the Mendeleev table and changes of chemical elements density stimulates B.N. Chicherin to conclusions: «all atoms difference depends on the quantity and distribution of the substance into atoms…», in the atom «…a central substance is electropositive, and peripheral – electronegative…», i.e. «…the atom with central nucleus and revolving around him substance is the analogue of the solar system». Other Russian scientist N.A. Morozov (1854 – 1946) developed ideas of B.N. Chicherin in monograph «Periodical systems of matter structure» which were published in 1907.
- Kharitonov V.V. To the 100th anniversary of the Bohr atom. Izvestia Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zawedeniy. Yadernaya Energetika. 2013, no. 3, pp. 4851 (in Russian).
- Bohr N. On the Constitution of Atoms and Molecules. Philosophical Magazine. 1913, v. 26, pp. 125.
- Rutherford E. The Scattering of a and b Particles by Matter and the Structure of the Atom. Philosophical Magazine.1911, ser. 6, v. 21, pp. 669688.
- Chicherin B.N. Chemical elements system. Zhurnal Russkogo FizikoKhimicheskogo Obschestva. 18881889, v. 12. St. Petersburg. (in Russian).
- Chicherin B.N. I. Chemical elements system. II. The laws of the formation of chemical elements. Moscow. S.P. Yakovlev Publ. 1911. 498 p. (in Russian). Available at: https://garbuzenko.livejournal.com/1233.html?thread=6609#t28625 (https://yadi.sk/i/buDeWy4HI0Ry4Q) (accessed Apr 20, 2019) (in Russian).
- Morozov N.A. Periodical Systems of Matter Structure: Theory of Formation of Chemical Elements. Moscow. I.D. Sytin Publ., 1907, 437 p. (in Russian).